Friday, February 6, 2009

learning experience

As far as the slide show goes, it gave a lot of great advice. The main problem is me. Laughing is one of my favorite things in the wide world, and luckily I do plenty of that at work. I do bring unique strengths to learning new things, such as prior experience (a great teacher) and an open mind. But I struggle with other things, like procrastination and a lot of doubt. Generally when it comes to work and learning, I stay very organized, but if you asked, say, my mother if I was an organized person, she would think you must be talking about a different Jen, not her messy, impulsive, lazy girl. I definitely don't use technology like I should, and that's why I'm here! I really appreciate the book suggestions as I am a reader and I enjoy gaining new knowledge that way. I am familiar with Buckingham's Strengths Finders and would love to use that in the workplace.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I can summarize the way I learn in the following statement: the best way to learn to do something correctly is to do it incorrectly first.

No comments:

Post a Comment